Nov 20, 2009

Just Ducky!!!

Welcome & I hope you're doing "Just Ducky"!
I decided to have fun and be whimsical when I made the following card "Just Ducky" to enter for both the BasicGrey Challenge week 8 & the Simon Says Challenge this week.

The Simon Says Challenge for this week was Animal Antics so I chose a "Just Ducky" theme with this quirky duck as the mascot for the theme.
The BasicGrey Challenge for week 8 was Glitz and Bling - I added glitter to the edges of my orange border, put loads of turquoise glitter on my shooting star and added a jewelled brad at it's end. I also added dew drops for the ducks eyes and baby blue stickles above the orange border. The final touch was using white bazzill bling cardstock was the border for the card.
  • For Basic Grey product I used 4 different papers from the Lime Rickey collection and also the rub on ducky is from the Lime Rickey collection as well.
In all it was a fun card to make and I will be giving it to my 17 yr old brother who is having oral surgery to remove all 4 of his wisdom teeth. I'm hoping he'll be back on his feet in no time & not have those nasty chipmunk cheeks for too long. Ahh, I remember those days a good decade & change ago... fun stuff ;-)
Cheers,
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card ,, am sure this will cheer up your brother ,, hope he's OK ,, not nice to have to have 4 teeth out eh ! :-/

    Thanks for joinung the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    Luv
    Lols and the DT x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful such a cutie birdie, Thanks for joining us at BasicGrey Challenges your project is fabulous, HuGs Kim :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by.
I'd love to hear from you.
Cheers!